The Retreat @ Old Lan Farmhouse
COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Precautions Policy
We’ve acquired the industry accreditation to verify that we’ve met government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. We have put together the following framework to ensure that strict safety measures are in place at all times.
We are fortunate that The Retreat @ Old Lan Farmhouse resides in a beautiful, isolated location with plenty of space and we’ve made it our priority to do all that we can to prevent the virus invading our private sanctuary and request your help in maintaining this status too. In the interest of our staff and other guests’ safety and on our understanding of the advice from the health authorities, we kindly ask you to follow the procedures below:
Check-in & Enhanced Cleaning Procedure:
- On arrival please stay in your car until a member of our team comes out to greet you.
- If you start to feel unwell on your journey here, exhibiting the typical symptoms of the COVID-19 virus (dry cough & flu like symptoms), please do not check-in to The Retreat. The advice form the NHS 111 is to return home, following the latest health guidance and self-isolate there for a minimum of 7 days.
- Should you become unwell whilst staying at The Retreat, exhibiting typical symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, please advise us by phone and stay in your room. We would then request that you arrange to check-out of The Retreat and we will arrange a controlled departure as soon as possible (by the next day at the latest), where advice is to return home following the latest health guidance and self-isolate there. The property will then be put ‘out-of-bounds’ for 72 hours before a deep clean can start. In either of these scenarios’ cancellation charges for non-arrival, or the remaining days if cutting your trip short, will be waived or transferred to a future date. For guests too ill to travel, we will assist in making alternative arrangements and will provide support to you whilst you remain confined to your room.
- All rooms and areas where a guest has reported being unwell will be closed off for deep cleaning and may cause some disruption to our normal service.
- All rooms are deep cleaned thoroughly on departure, including all doors and windows being left open to maximise air flow prior to the next letting (please see detailed cleaning procedure below).
- You will be shown to your accommodation whilst maintaining social distancing.
- To limit contact, there is an information booklet which contains all the important information. Please do read this and let us know if you need any clarification.
- Hand sanitiser and bacterial wipes will be provided in each property/room, along with antibacterial and disinfectant cleaning products.
- At the end of each visitors stay we ask that you kindly strip all bedding and place this along with towels, bathmats, tea towels and robes in the laundry bags provided. These bags will be removed from the property and stored in a safe place for 72 hours before being laundered on a hot wash. Please also leave open all windows and doors.
- Recycling is to be placed in the relevant boxes and un-recyclable rubbish should be bagged up and deposited in the bin outside on departure.
- We will accept payment for additional breakfast baskets and logs via our on-line banking payment system rather than cash, if preferred, at the end of your stay.
These procedures are to protect our staff and other guests who are unaffected by the virus. We could appreciate your support and understanding during these difficult times.
PREPARE - CLEAN - SANITISE - CHECK - RESET
- The cleaning operative will wash their hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and warm water followed by a hand sanitiser spray.
- Before entering the accommodation, they will ensure to wear the following: mask, apron, gloves and protective shoe covers.
- All windows and doors will remain open.
- All cleaning equipment, vacuum cleaner, broom, mops along with cleaning supplies will be left together at the front of the accommodation.
- All rubbish bins will be emptied, sanitised and then lined with a fresh bin liner.
- All laundry will be placed in a fresh laundry bag and removed. It will be kept in a safe pace for 72 hours before being washed at 60 degrees.
- All dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils will be removed from the cupboards and work tops. These items will all be washed in the dishwasher using the highest setting.
- All surfaces will be vacuumed, swept, and dusted as appropriate.
- All hard surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned with soap and hot water.
- Any soft furnishings will be spot cleaned as required.
- All cleaned surfaces will either be wiped or sprayed with approved disinfectant and left to air dry.
- Where antibacterial/disinfectant wipes are used, this will be restricted to one per surface.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be double checked for cleanliness and sanitisation.
- Any maintenance required will be carried out e.g. changing lightbulbs etc.
- A note will be made of any cleaning products or disinfectants that need replenishing.
- The cleaning operative will wash their hands before putting on clean gloves.
- They will then remake the bed with fresh sheets and duvet covers and restock towels and tea towels.
- Any surfaces that have been touched will be re-sanitised and/or wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
- A cleaning care package will be left for visitors.
- The operative will then leave open all doors and windows prior to exiting the accommodation.
If you would like to download a copy of this policy, please use the button below.