Relax · Recharge · Replenish · Revive
The physiological benefits of singing and music have long been explored. Research shows that music helps to exercise the brain as well as body, but singing is particularly beneficial for improving breathing, posture and muscle tension. There is also increasing evidence that singing regularly as part of a group is good for your general health and wellbeing.
With a history immersed in theatre and music, I have been working as a vocal coach and teaching singing alongside my holistic therapies, for many years now and am pleased to be able to incorporate singing & music workshops as part of music therapy here at The Retreat.
You do not need any prior musical experience or training; you will get just as much out of the weekend as would a trained musician!
SINGING & MUSIC FOR HEALTH
- 2 nights cosy accommodation
- A sumptuous menu of locally sourced food lovingly prepared by our resident chef. This includes breakfast, lunch & dinner including snacks and refreshments.
- Free time to explore the Pembrokeshire coast or simply curl up in front of an open fire with a book or laze in the hot tub with a glass of bubbles!
- Use of on-site fitness studio (personal training & yoga sessions available on request)
- Fun group activities
- Experimenting with sound e.g. singing bowels, tuning forks
- Playing by improvisation
- Physical warm-up
- A variety of breathing exercises
- Vocal exercises e.g. rhythm & pitch games
- Exploration of fun songs
- Relaxation techniques
Choose The Perfect Room For Your Stay